Live online events
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
29Mar3 hours, Wed 9:30 AM BST - Wed 12:30 PM BSTOnline
- £35.00 excl. VAT
We welcome attendance from all parts of the UK (and beyond). Please note however, design standards and regulations referenced in Viva Access courses are primarily England orientated.
This module explores key issues relating to the adaptation and design of accessible kitchens and aims to provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills needed to work confidently and effectively in this area. The course is interactive and utilises a variety of training methods, including presentations, case scenarios, discussion and videos.
ON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE YOU SHOULD:
- be able to discuss client considerations relating to kitchens and understand how these can influence the design or adaptation of same
- be familiar with optimum layouts, space standards and design principles for accessible kitchens
- understand activity analysis and its use in kitchen design
- be familiar with the purposes and use of design briefs/specifications for kitchens
- have observed demonstrations on how to measure seated individuals for worktop heights, wall cupboards, toe recesses
- be aware of a range of equipment and appliance options available
- be able to discuss considerations for specific user groups such as those with sight loss and dementia
- have awareness of specialist kitchen suppliers
- have experience of problem solving kitchen adaptation issues (including case study) within a group setting
Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
Digital Attendance Certificates issued (3 CPD hours)
Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: presentations, case studies, desktop exercises, demonstration videos, discussions, breakout rooms and Q&As with trainers.