Live online events
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours. Live training. Attendance Cert provided (3 CPD hours)
23Mar3 hours, Thu 9:30 AM GMT - Thu 12:30 PM GMTOnline
- £35.00 excl. VAT
NOTE: please be aware that the content in DFG Level-2 relates primarily to England.
This stand-alone module builds on DFG-Level 1 and explores some complex scenarios and also looks at ancillary legislation and policies that can be utilised in the pursuit of funding for housing adaptation work for disabled people.
It is recommended you attend DFG-Level 1 first. However, if you are already experienced in working with DFGs, you may wish simply to attend Level 2 on its own. We suggest you double check the course outline for DFG-Level 1 first however, before making a decision either way.
DFG-Level 1 and DFG-Level 2 are stand-alone modules can can be attended individually or together.
The course looks at:
- Landlord responsibilities & the Equality Act 2010
- Relationship of DFG to Care Act 2014
- DFGs and arrangements vis a vis foster care, joint custody arrangements and respite care
- DFGs for users with progressive and/or fluctuating conditions
- Blanket policies (fettering discretion) and capacity decision making
- Regulatory Reform Order (including local Private Sector Housing Renewal Policies)
- Land (Property) Charges
- Test of Resources (continued from Level 1)
- Grant Awards versus Grant Limits (preferred or enhanced schemes)
- Appealing Decisions
- Warranties / Maintenance of DFG funded equipment (adaptations) e.g. lifts & hoists
- Evidencing your case / Transferring the risk
- Measuring Outcomes • DFG Review – 2018
- Electronic handouts (PDFs) provided
- Digital Attendance Certificates issued for 3 CPD hours
- Our online courses are interactive and typically include some or all of the following: powerpoint presentations, case studies, desktop exercises using drawings, practical exercises – utilising videos, discussion groups and break-out rooms, Q&As with trainers